Tamarind is an evergreen tree that has a fresh sweet and sour taste accompanied by a slightly fruity aroma. It grows extensively throughout the Indian subcontinent, Southeast Asia and the West Indies. It is a brown bean enclosing a number of black seeds. These beans contain a sticky pulp, which is used as a flavoring for its typical aroma and taste.
This wellness fruit is available as dried pods, pressed fibrous slabs, or as a paste.
Tamarind has long been investigated for its numerous health benefits.
- It is antiseptic, mild laxative, and digestive.
- A gargle with tamarind water is recommended for a sore throat.
- Being highly acidic, it gives a cooling effect for our body in summers. It is believed to boost metabolism.
- It is also used in India as part of the Ayurvedic herb medicine.
- It lowers cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- It helps alleviate pregnancy-related nausea
- Its extract can be used as an eye drop to treat eye dryness
- It helps liver and gallbladder problems.
- It treats cold and fever.
Tamarind Juice Recipe
Last Updated on