When you are healthy and making the right life choices, you can prevent and reverse aging. A perfectly healthy body starts with the consumption of healthy food accompanied by a healthy blood circulation and lymphatic draining.
1- Food to avoid:
Several food items were shown to be linked to illnesses. So, when you stop eating them, you are helping your body to stay healthy and cleansed. Think of it in such a way that when you eat the right food items, you are boosting your health; and, when you are eating the wrong ones, you are promoting diseases. These food that you need to avoid are:
- Red and processed meat (raw or cooked)
- Heterocyclic amines found majorly in burned meat cuts (Don’t be too excited about a perfectly well done piece of steak, the black grilling marks you see are the heterocyclic amines)
- Acrylamides found in starchy food especially French fries, potato chips.
- Alcohol (should be taken in moderation) has been linked to an increased risk of illnesses and liver distress, when consumed in large quantities
2- Food to eat:
The food that you need to have are the ones that are high in fibers, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. Examples of protective food are:
- Fruits and vegetables: fresh non-processed
- Fibers such as in whole wheat and oats
- Broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower (contain indole-3-carbinol)
- Avocadoes (include glutathione)
- Chili peppers & jalapenos (contain capsaicin)
- Figs (containing benzaldehyde derivatives)
- Grapefruits, oranges, and lemon (contains monoterpenes)
- Raspberries (contain anthocyanin)
- Tomatoes, when used with a little bit of oil, can help kill cancer cells especially in the mouth, breast, pancreas, and colon
- Watermelon and carrots are highly protective in general
- Nuts (contain quercetin) protect against colon cancer
- Garlic and rosemary (contain diallyl sulfides and carnosol)
3- Cyclic Detox:
Always follow a regular detox diet (once every 6 or 12 months) for a couple of days with only fruits and vegetables. To reverse aging and stay young and healthy, one has to understand the importance of cleansing our body from the inside. We live in a world and body that keeps exposing us to toxins. Some toxins originate from the metabolic processes inside our system, while others are the result of our exposure to the environment. These toxins do accumulate if they are not removed. As a result, they could lead to illnesses. When you detox your body, you are flushing all these accumulated toxins. This will help keep your entire system healthy and fresh.
4- Good Lymphatic System & Draining:
You can drain your lymphatic system from accumulated toxins when you sit for a massage by a professional. Not any massage is a good one. There are specific techniques and products used that can make an impact on the lymphatic system of the body.
5- Maintaining a healthy weight:
Note that you will have to find a very healthy diet that will make you lose fat weight and cellulite and not muscle weight and water. Click here for tips on dieting. There are numerous weight loss regimen in the market. Most promise a great weigth loss; however, not all of them are suitable to be followed by an individual who wants to stay healthy. Among the many hundreds diets can surface many healthy systems. One can think of the Mediterranean diet or the paleo diet.